Thursday, May 7, 2009

Burnt the Hell out of Myself

For got to mentioned in my last post about my recent life. I burnt the hell out of myself two weeks ago. Basically, I pour about half a litre of _boiling_ water on myself in the office.

I didn't thought that it was too bad although it hurts like hell. But everyone I know told me that I should have gone to the hospital. Two days after the incident, the wound looked worse than ever, I guess I should have gone to the hospital.

Bascially, when it first happened, pretty much the whole front of my right shin was red and swollen. But then it subsided rather quickly so I thought that it wasn't so bad. I was more worried about my left foot that day cos the huge blister bursted. But as I said, two days later, my right shin has gotten way worse. When I first burnt myself, I didn't know that I've also burnt my little finger. As the days goes on, I wonder how come my finger was hurting and finally I realized that it was also burnt with a little blister.

I did burn myself up pretty gd this time. My parents,詹占 and my pastor all said that how come I'm so careless. I know, I am very prone to accident somehow. Cracked my elbow bone last summer, hurt my wrist snowboarding this last winter, plus countless physical injuries that I've had over the years. But really, I have been quite gd this time la. The kettle I have been using in the office for over 2 years now and this is the first accident that has ever happened. Does it not mean that I am using it very carefully or what?

Well... a lot of those water also went onto a computer that sits on the floor, right underneath where I boiled the water. It's a piece of poop anyway. No one's using it. So, to this day, no one has noticed that I've 送咗佢一程。

A frd of mine told me that I should have reported it to the office manager cos it happened in the office so I should file I report on work injury. Hrm... I don't think so. First, although it happened in the office, it has nothing to do with work. The water, I was just boiling it to make some coffee for myself. Second, how can I report the incident without telling ppl that I also poured boiling water all over that poor computer?

I called 詹占 that day to pick me up from the office to go home after work cos there's no way I could cycle home with the huge bursted blister on top of my foot. He didn't pick up the phone so I left a msg. 詹占 told me after that he's getting really scared of listening to my messages. Last summer, he was out of town for a few days and all he got was something like this:
"I fell off my bike and I broke my elbow this morning but it's ok. I went to the hospital and got a cast. I thought that I'd let u know but don't worry. I'm ok."

And this time he got:
"Hopefully, u haven't left home yet. Cos it would be nice if u drive to work today so that you can pick me up after work cos I just poured boiling water all over myself and my foot is having a huge blister now. I don't think I can cycle home but if you've already left and didn't take the car, don't worry about it. I can probably walk to the bus stop and go home that way."

I wonder maybe 5 years later, he's going to get a call from me telling him that I just had a heart attack and fainted on the street but it's now ok cos I've obviously survived it.

Today is exactly two weeks from the incident. All the wounds are finally healing, instead of getting worse like the first few days. My finger is actually all healed now. My foot and shin are getting there. I'm glad that the way it goes, they should all be healed by the time I leave for my trip next Friday.

Below are the pictures that I've taken to add to my record of physical injury. View discretion advised: these pictures could potentially gross out some individuals. If you don't think you want to spoil ur appetite, please stop reading now. I mean, now.



Can't really see the burnt on my finger.
This was taken on the first day. Doesn't look too bad.

This was taken two days after the burnt. There were two blisters in the pictures. The rest of the red area formed another blister a few days after that. Doesn't look too bad in this small picture.

1 comment:

Janet said...

wht else can i say apart from "be careful next time"? haha

btw, i think james hv more opportunities to hv heart attack than u if such situation continues:P