Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Slumdog

Watched Slumdog Millionaire on Sunday night. I’ve heard that it’s gd and that I actually had rented the disc for a long time (from one of those places that don’t have a due date for the DVD) but I had to make sure that I was in the mood to watch that kind of movie so I have been putting it off for a while.

I thought that it’s the kind of movie that’s deep and might even be painful to watch but to my surprise, it wasn’t. I actually quite enjoyed it. I especially thought that the Indian boy who played the main character’s childhood was cute. Actually, I find those little Indian boys very cute but for some reason, most of them will turn out to be some rather non-cute adults. There’re exceptions of course. Hrm… now that I’m thinking about it, I guess it’s not just Indian that has this issue. Most kids are quite cute to start with and then most of them turned into un-cute adults eventually. I believe that it is a global issue, instead of a national one.

1 comment:

vics said...

I kinda found the part about the spoon and the eyes part PRETTY disturbing...It's disturbing because I know it happens in life... it's sad... but then on the other hand....

I'm seriously thinking whether we should really give those kids money if we see them on the streets....

The movie does make you think no???

I haven't been exactly following... but apparently those kids who starred in the movie (at least the 2 youngest ones).. they have some sort of education fund set up for them...but they have been too busy with attending functions aka celebrity status.. that they haven't been attending school ... I would think it's mostly the adults' faults... but then again.. those kids got to go to disney and all the other stuff... so I don't think their new found fame was doing them any good.... and then you start to realize.. maybe it's not exactly a good thing to hand pick some kids from the ghetto and suddenly shroud them with fame and all those stuff that they are not accustomed to...

It's kinda sad....

But yeah. .the movie was good.. cuz it makes you think...at least it made me think...