Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Have You Ever Seen

A firefly?

I can now say that I did!! ^o^

Firefly is something that I have never thought that I would be able to see in real life, not in my life anyway.
It's something that I only expected to see it on TV or books or stories.

So how and where did it happen?

The youth fellowship of church had a BBQ in a MH park.
We stayed till dark and as we were packing up, one of the boy told me that he saw a firefly. He said that he saw the light twice and told me where he saw it but I couldn't see it.
On our way walking out of the park to get to the car, I saw it from afar!
It was very exciting!! I told the rest of the kids about it.
And we all saw them~~~ Yay~~~
As we continued to walk, either our eyes are adjusting or it's getting darker and darker or more fireflies are coming out, they are everywhere.
So many of them!

I tried to use my phone to take a video of them but it was too dark and my phone's camera is too crappy so I couldn't get any video.
Some of them were flying.When I tried to videotaped it by following the light, they flashed once and I aimed my camera towards it but then when it flashed again, it's already away from my camera's field of view.
And there were so many of them in the bushes a little bit far away from us.
They were all flashing and flashing, like stars!!
It was beautiful!!

It was also very obvious that some kids didn't care much about the nature tho.
We pointed out the fireflies, they were like, "Oh ya! That's really cool." and then they went back to their ipod-listening, game playing or whatever they were doing.
Some of us were genuinely excited and we just couldn't watch enough.
If not because of the mosquitoes, I probably would have stayed longer to watch them.
For me, it was so amazing.
I can still hardly believe what I have seen.
It wasn't that far from civilization, either. Unbelievable!

No comments: