Saturday, August 18, 2012

New Swim Suit

The other day, I dug out a brand new swim suit that got buried for years. That's perfect cos I was looking for a new one.

I have been using this one which is too small for the fattened me. So I have to wear another one on top to cover the fact that it's too small. The one on top is just an old old one that has been overstretched.

And then one day, after I've washed those two, I realized that if I hold up the top one next to my shoulder, the bottom goes almost all the way to my knees!! I knew that it was way overstretched but didn't know that it was quite _that_ bad.

So it was great that I found this new one.

Went for a swim with this new suit the other day. To be honest, this one is still a touch small but as long as I jumped into the pool quickly and ran back to the change room quickly afterwards, it should be ok.

And it felt so good with this new suit. I felt like I swam faster. I have been feeling quite discouraged lately when I go swimming cos I felt like I swim terrible. Now I know part of the reason is that the old swim suit dragged me down and also made it hard to do my strokes properly. Of course, I know that the other part of the reason is that I don't swim enough and have not been swimming enough in the past like 8 years.

After swimming with the new suit, I felt all happy and excited. I wasn't as sloppy as I thought I was (tho by no means great in any case). 工欲善其善,必先利其器 is true.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good job doing. thanks