Friday, March 6, 2009

Mouse Problem

It's computer's mouse, not the animal.

I had been skeptical about the Apple mouse even before I bought the computer cos I simply like my logitech mouse that I bought for my old laptop too much. It's not fancy wireless or anything. In fact, it is wired but it's simple 啱我手型 and I just loved it. But as 腎腎 said, it looks nicer to have to whole setup of the same style so I have been using the Apple mouse ever since I got the new computer.

I have had problem with the speed of the mouse from day one. I'm the kind of ppl who like to set the sensitivity of the mouse motion to pretty high. I used the max setting on my Mac and I still find it too slow. I hate it when I have to lift the mouse and then put it down in order to move through the whole screen. Some ppl do not mind it and do so even when it's not necessary (like some ppl in my office) but I don't like it. I want to be able to move through the whole screen in one continuous motion.

For ppl who might now know, Apple mouse only has one button, not two like most mice do. And its scroll button is a ball that can be turned in any direction. The one button thing was the one of the main reason y I didn't switch to my logitech cos I for sure will try to do right click instinctly. But last week, I couldn't take the tracking speed of the apple mouse anymore. I decided to give my logitech a try to see if I can get a better speed out of it. And .... I LOVE IT. I found the perfect speed that I want to operate with. And to my surprised, I realized that the right-click button is actually implemented!!! Awwwwwwwwwwesome! With the apple mouse, if you want to pop up the menu that u normally get with a right click, you have to use the keyboard in combination with a mouse click. I am quite a keyboard person at work but it's a bit annoying to have to do both mouse and keyboard at the same time at home cos my hands tend to freeze at home so that I normally like to sit on it or put hand in pocket etc. I'm so glad that the right click works.

The only thing is the "back" button on my logitech. It doesn't do the "back" action on the browser but activates the "space" instead. In case I can't find a way to override that default behaviour, I will just have to live without the convenient "back" button on my mouse and have to actually press the "back" at the corner of the browser instead. Also, I lost the 360 scroll button on the apple mouse as well as the nice look for the whole apple theme. But none of them is a big deal, really. I am simply so happy with the current tracking speed of my mouse.

Yay for logitech!

1 comment:

Dor said...

哈哈小鬼,初頭睇個title仲以為你屋企有鼠患!!!