Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Computer

It’s mine and it’s not. It’s just a new work computer so I don’t own it myself but I have it all by myself. Finally got a proper desktop.

And now I have two BIG monitor as opposed to one laptop monitor (still quite) big and one regular monitor. I guess it’s not that much of a size upgrade that pleased me but the fact that now the two monitors are identical in size and can be arranged to be the same height. It makes it much easier for me to move from one monitor to another.

And I love my new keyboard and mouse. They are actually the really simple wired keyboard and wired mouse but it’s just so nice. The old one, although a wireless, supposed to be a slick one, but it was bought as a refurbished product and there were still some defects on it….. yea… so much about refurbishing it… and yeah, thanks to the old company who tries to save money by buying refurbish product. The spacebar was missing a mechanical part so it was rather hard to use and it’s the spacebar so you use it all the time which makes it ultra annoying. And there’re a few keys that occasionally gave me trouble. You press it once. It either doesn’t do anything or it gives you multiple responses. But it doesn’t happen all the time, just once in a while and then after a while, it miraculously fixes itself.

And wireless… I am not a big fan, especially bcos I only use the computer on the desk. Why do I need wireless anyway? I always have to ask the supply department for batteries which is annoying. And the batteries make the mouse so much heavier. I simply don’t like it. So now, I’m very happy with my new simple wired keyboard and mouse. Yes, the simple keyboard doesn’t have those shortcuts that are quite useful from time to time like the button to bring up the calculator. But if you ask me, I would rather have a working spacebar than the calculator.

Another thing about the new computer is that it’s fast la. I thought that the old one was a pretty gd one already but compare to this one, man, that one was slowwww. I mean, it probably wasn’t a bad machine. It just needs a format and I wasn't going to spend my leisure time doing that at my own expense. And with nothing to compare to, I didn't realized that my computer has gotten that slow.

Now everything is nice and fast. Keyboard is quiet. Mouse is light and easy to control. No more battery hunts. Does work get any better than this? Oh I love my job.

No comments: