Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And You Call Urself Christian??

Read a silly celebrity news the other day. “身為基督徒的林曉培,稱信仰令她徹頭徹尾地反醒…(something about her relying on God)” “她說﹕「唱Live就似一夜情,只得一次機會,錯過了就帶來遺憾。」”

Er… Hello?? Assuming that the quote of hers is not bent by the media, what kind of comment is that? From a Christian? You’ve got to be kidding me. What kind of Christian is it that treasures one nights stand?

So many HK celebrities claim to be Christians these days as if it's the "cool" thing to do. Are they real Christians? I know that I should not be judging people. I have any flaws myself. In a way, it’s gd to have famous ppl as Christians cos it kinda helps “promote” Christianity or at least raises the awareness of it. But if these “high profile” Christians say or do irresponsible comments/actions like that, doesn’t it become bad examples of Christians and makes other ppl think that Christians are all hypocrites? I know of quite a few ppl who disrespect or who would not even be interested in Christianity bcos of the bad examples that they have seen in the past.

Once again, I know I shouldn't be judging other ppl. I have to make sure that I see the log in my own eye rather than the speck in my brothers. But come on, I at least won't promote one night stand la. I have to admit, I'm a conservative on certain issues.

No comments: