Friday, May 21, 2010

All The Way

Nice day today. Decided to cycle all the way from home to work (I usually take the bus to Steeles and then cycle the rest). But instead of going on D Mills, I just went straight along V Park for a shorter distance and less hilly ride. It worked out quite well. There was little wind and the road was not busy yet since I was quite early.

Arrived in the office at 7:45, which is just about the same time if I take the bus and then cycle. It honestly surprised me big time. I was suspecting I would arrive at like 8:30. I seriously don’t know how I can possibly be about the same speed as taking the bus. I mean, my route is shorter but only by about 4km. But it’s good. Now I’m tempted to save even that one token per day and just cycle all the way up north. But the sacrifice would be my beauty sleep on the bus. I think I can handle that. And I may wuss out if the wind is too strong and when it starts to get too cold in the fall.

This is awesome, really. It’s better to cycle all the way rather than what I’ve been doing: cycle to the bus stop and then sleep on the bus and then get off the bus and cycle the rest. By the time I get off the bus, my muscles were all tensed and I actually find it harder to cycle after that. And V Park is nice and flat and quiet in the morning, unlike the afternoon rush.

No comments: