Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Last Light of the Sun

A book I have just finished.
Recommended by 詹占。
Sorta interesting. It's kinda my type of genre as well.
但就是說不上是喜歡這本書。
詹占also told me that we could borrow ebooks from the public library n read on our phone. Pretty handy since I've been reading in low light at night these days. Actually, Last Light of the Sun is my first library ebook.

One thing I don't like abt library book is that they seem dirty to me sometimes cos u never know who had touched the book b4 u n what's their hand condition when touching the library books. For all I know, they could b reading in the toilet. Call me 潔癖 but I really don't like reading library books in bed.
But ebook solved this problem.

I know, at the end of the day, ebook for library is probably not environmentally friendly cos one printed copy can circulate to tons of ppl but everyone has to spend electricity every time an ebook is read... sigh...

2 comments:

vics said...

Not trying to scare you or anything...
But I'm a bit of a clean freak too.. and the other day I read on the newspapers that a certain community library in BC .. the patrons reported that there were bed bugs in the books that they borrowed, and then they had to close the library to exterminate the bugs...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/live-bedbugs-found-in-vancouver-library-books/article2216672/

Some people say they'll put the book in ziploc bags and put them in the freezer for a few days before reading... And then one librarian said it's not good for the books.. and besides, it might not kill the eggs...

So I'm all for E-book... the amount of electricity you have to use for keeping the light in suitable reading condition might be equivalent to powering a Kindle or a handheld device... that's of course if you are not using energy saving bulbs...

oily oli said...

The bed bug story is pretty scary... I remember someone told me that you have bed bug phobia cos you would look up all the review of hotels to see if there's bed bug report. I don't blame you tho. It's so hard to get rid of them once you got infested, not to mention that they bites...
What if a person reads during day time so they don't have to turn on the light for reading? ;)