Sunday, January 29, 2012

弄包包

My latest attempt to make baguette.
My last couple of attempts all ended up in under-sized (mostly too short) baguettes.
This time the result was pretty good (I think!) with the very new yeast.
It was so good that I decided that it was good enough to give one to our neighbour. :)


Problem with making baguettes is that from making the sponge to kneading to shaping and baking, it took the WHOLE DAY. I started at around 10:30am and the baguettes didn't come out of the oven until 6pm! It's not that I was working on it the whole time but it takes a lot of waiting around for the dough to raise.
Definitely a weekend venture only!

1 comment:

vics said...

never knew it takes so much effort to make baguette...
I used to see them in bakeries every day.. I thought they were easy to make kei tim....

But of course yours look way better...