Thursday, March 21, 2013

Swimming Pools & Me

In short, they don’t like me.

Due to the very limited lane-swim opening hours, it’s been very difficult for me to go swimming. If I want to go, I really have to make a special effort. I find it a lot hard to summon up enough motivation to go to the pool, compared to going to the gym.

And there’s always times when the pool was closed unexpectedly due to ‘foul’ contaminations. Much to my annoyance, cos I normally only finds out after I arrived. I make the effort to go there, only to head back home, time wasting indeed.

Here’re my two latest swimming attempts.

A few month ago, I went to the pool since 詹占 n 小J are going out so they could drop me off the pool. The arena next to the pool is undergoing some sort of extension construction but the pool continues to operate as usual, supposedly.

But due to the construction, 詹占 thought that it would be prudent for them to wait for me in the car for a few minutes, making sure that I could get into the pool before they headed out. Thank goodness for that cos lo and behold, I re-emerged two minutes later, telling them that the pool was closed due to a ‘collapsed’ roof (looks totally fine on the outside).

That’s number one.

A couple of weeks ago, I thought this time I was going to go to the other pool in my neighbourhood. This time, the pool was closed due to a ‘chemical issue’.

Argh!

I should have called before heading out. In fact, I have done it before a few times. Just trying to make sure that the pool is open. But the times that I did call, the pool was, of course, open as usual. And the person on the other side of the phone made it sounds like I’m an idiot, asking stupid questions like that while the opening hours of the pool is posted online. That’s y I don’t like calling.

But I really should have, really…

No comments: