Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Rum Diary

Watched it simply bcos Johnny Depp’s in it.

The movie was … um… uneventful.

If you are looking for good guy fighting bad guy, big time romance or any sort of things like that, you are not going to find it in this movie. True, there’re elements of good and bad, and some romance. But if you are the kind of person who wants to see to the end of these, again, not this movie.

As some of the reviews I’ve read before watching the movie, the plot doesn’t seem to go anywhere. Most of the review I’ve read were negative, so I didn’t really expect anything but watching Johnny Depp.

The ending was quite sudden tho. I was watching the moive in bits and pieces here and there. So I didn’t realized that I was almost finished. And then all of a sudden, THE END. I was like “huh??? What happened???”

But then after a few minutes, I actually kinda like the ending. I like the feel of it. Kinda sad but there’s also hope and possibility. I don’t know how to describe it. It’s the ‘feeling’ of it that I like. A bit 滄桑但又有點瀟洒. I wouldn’t say that I like this movie but I certainly don’t hate it like some of the reviewers. Sometimes, movies like that is more “real”. There’s no big explosion, no big conspiracy, no big drama, just the life of a dude with his friend/acquaintance. And life goes on after the little short adventure that they shared together.

No comments: