Friday, May 31, 2013

Bikes Got Stolen

Both my commuter hybrid and my used-only-a-few-times mountain bike. Argh! Steaming mad

And oh mother’s day weekend! Ya, _Happy_ mother’s day.

But at least they didn’t take 詹占的, cos 佢的單車上裝咗個小孩位, 連嗰個都偷埋的話就真的是很慘了.

In view of the fact that I don’t really go mountain biking, I’m not going to replace it. I do need to replace my commuter bike tho cos now that it’s summer/spring time, I can’t bear to drive all the time. Driving also causes me to have a much shorter work day (need to do drop off and pick up) which doesn’t look good in my boss’s eyes.

I used to have a Trek bike. This time I got a Rocky Mountain. Unfortunately, in the rush to buy a replacement asap, I wasn’t quite prudent enough and didn’t get the best deal available. I mean, I still got an OK deal. But since I know that there’s a better deal, with my cheap 精 personality, I couldn’t help but felt regret and cheated (altho no one’s cheating, really).

I’m still very happy with my bike. It is nicer than my old Trek. Actually whoever stole my Trek isn’t really in luck cos I was planning to bring it to the shop and anticipated that the bike need its gear and chains replaced and my bottom bracket had some clicking problem and my hook for my rear fender is slightly defective that the fender falls down and rubs the tire from time to time. It wasn’t a bad bike but it had quite a bit mileage on it and needs some work done.

Anyway, here’s my new baby. 2012 model.

I’ve also bought a whole bunch of accessories (pedals, seat, fenders, speedometer, rack, lights and water bottle holder. I’ve already refrained from buying two other accessories to complete my need) which unfortunately, broke my bank. >_< Let’s hope that this bike last a long time and won’t get stolen again!

Unfortunately, since I’ve acquired this bike, I’ve only ridden on it three times due to sickness, weather and scheduling problems. It’ll be 登場 during my 75km fund-raising bike ride on Sunday tho. It will serve me well. SmileAnd I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I can make use of it more for the rest of the summer, ideally at least 4 times a week going to work.

No comments: