Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So Lame

I have been given the "permission" to work overtime in the coming two-three weeks. Great. The reason of needing the "permission" is that the company wants to keep the cost of operation down. In other words, they don't want to pay extra money to employee. Therefore, without permission, you are not allowed to charge any extra hours that you spent working.

The truth is, I have been working slightly overtime everyday in the past 2 weeks already but I just didn't charge the company for my overtime work. I would rather 蝕俾佢 than leaving myself behind schedule and ended up dying near the end of the project. Anyway, given this permission, I am entitled to work overtime and charge my hours.

I got to the office at 8:15am yesterday and as I was leaving the office at 5:30pm, 大粒 saw me and call me and said, "You are allowed to work overtime." 言下之意就係話我早走啦.So lame man. Not funny. First, I have _already_ overtime by at least 45min. 你自己遲到唔知我幾點返到公司唔該唔好亂串人.Second, I hate it when I got caught when I'm leaving the office to catch the bus. Missing a YRT bus is not fun man. 輕則十五分鐘,重則四十五分鐘. I usually work till the very last minute so when I'm actually leaving, I _really_ need to leave. That's y I hate it so much when I got caught on my way out.

And, it's usually nothing important that he's saying to me anyway. Especially yesterday, interrupting me leaving just to tell me this _funny_ joke. I could hardly even smile at it. Basically I was so annoyed (due to the fact that I have been having loads of work these days so I was pretty stressed and hence was feeling very serious and definitely not in any mood for any lame jokes) that I basically just said, "heh, BYE" and continue my way.

It's gd to be permitted to charge overtime cos I did spend some time working at home over the weekend. But this also means that working life is going to be hellish in the coming 2-3 weeks.

No comments: