Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Office

Moved to new office all of a sudden. I said all of a sudden bcos it was really unexpected. I was told before that I was going to stay in the old office with the field techs until everyone migrates over, which probably won’t be until 2010. But then, I got a call from my supervisor on Sunday afternoon telling me that I’m to go to the new office starting Monday. =_= Well… thanks for letting me know so well in advance!

With such a _long_ notice, I have to dig through all my clothes in the boxes and in luggage to find my “business” clothes and shoes since there’s a dress code in the new office. So grown up now. No more t-shirt and short and jeans and sneakers Monday to Friday. Actually, I still wear them if I’m cycling. I store my dressy clothes in the office and change when I get there. Yes, it means that I’m not washing my clothes everyday. And yes, I am a dirty pig. But seriously, I don’t want to have to drag my clothes back and forth everyday and they are bounded to be all wrinkly inside my pannier. The office is so cold that I hardly sweat so the chance of them getting dirty is really minimal, unless I dump food on myself during lunch time which actually happens quite often. Anyway, I do plan to bring my clothes home and wash them from time to time, just not everyday.

Another big thing about this office is that the IT department blocks all kinds of websites. Really suck man. No msn. No facebook. No hotmail. Can’t even check webmail. What am I supposed to do? Work????

Now I understand y ppl have blackberries. Never really understand y before with computer being accessible all the time and the blackberry keyboard so hard to use. Y would anyone want to check email on their tiny monitor instead of their computer? Now I know… cos they _can’t_ check their email on computer… Just this reason alone, I’m tempted to get either a blackberry or a smart phone with a data plan so that I can have my personal email available all the time. I am not _that_ obsessed with my email but I sometimes do rely on email for timely communications. Eg church stuff, gathering info (especially with the UT ppl cos we have hardly ever been able to settle on a time and venue beforehand) etc. But of course, with me being so broke, I don’t think that I can afford a data plan… I guess I just have to live with the inconvenience for now. SMS is another choice but man, trying to type on my cell phone is a real pain in the ass, although I have to say, I’m getting better at it now that I have more practices. But still, type a message that normally takes about 1min on the computer can easier takes me 5 min on the phone.

This place is actually closer to home. But it’s harder to get to by transit. So it’s ok in the summer when I can cycle but when winter comes, sigh… I don’t know.

Since I don’t have access to blogspot at work, and I have no time to write at home (So busy that I didn’t even have time to watch You’re Hired), bcos I have to go to bed so early in order to get up early enough for the commute, I type this whole thing at work and then pasted it back when I get home. Who can stop me the king of slacking???? Wahahahhahahahahaa… Actually typing this at work is great cos it looks like I’m typing document by looking at my monitor far away (as long as I’m not typing Chinese). Who can tell that I’m slacking off??? Muhahahahahaha…

2 comments:

vics said...

Why don't you just store one or two sets of business clothes at your desk?? Then just bring all of them home every two weeks or something.. like gym clothes....

Oh that's why you haven't been updating so much....

I think my sis was looking up data plans for my dad a while back... 15$ each month for emails... don't know the details tho.. and it's with Rogers.

vics said...

Oh... keep one or two sets just so that you are not wearing the same thing EVERY single day.... black pants.. and then 2-3 tops.... that should be enough variety for a week.