Thursday, October 29, 2009

Home Improvement Pictures

2009 Jul-Aug DIY Home Improvement

Well.. this really just shows some of the home improvement that we have done. Kitchen floor was the major one.

I know that these pictures are long overdue already but I haven't been able to find the camera card reader since we moved. I still haven't found it but I found the cable to connect the camera directly to the computer. heh.

First we had to rip up the tiles. We thought that we were just taking out the tiles but we opened a can of worms. Underneath the tiles, there's this cement layer on a wire mesh that glued the tiles on the floor. And so we have to rip that up. But the wire mesh is nailed on the floor with like a gazillion nails and we had to rip those all up. And then there was the vinyl flooring and we had to rip that up also. It turned out to be a lot more work that we expected.
Before&After:

And then there's the front porch:
Before&After:

And the kitchen cupboards:
Before&After: (I know it doesn't look too bad in the before picture but it was pretty gross and stinky in real life...)

More pictures of the reno process can be found on my picasa album. There're a few more pictures for the house in general. I am unable to locate them. It's probably on the other computer. I will post them when I find them...

1 comment:

Angela said...

wow, have a very big improvement wor.....reli looks better, hope u have a happy life in the new house la~~