Sunday, March 14, 2010

Poor Little Squirrel

A tragedy!

I was driving after church today and I saw it happened... There was this little red squirrel dashing across the road but it was not fast enough for the cars. While it has only had only 1/4 more to go, it got hit by a SUV. I saw it got hit so hard that it got bumped onto another lane...

By the time I passed by the 兇案現場, little squirrel's tail was still flapping and it was still alive! It was trying move still... very sad to witness that. I am very sure that it's going to die anyway, either by that massive blow when hit by the SUV or by another car coming to grind it to mush.

This is obviously not that first time I see road kill but what I've seen before was just the aftermath. It happened right in front of my eyes this time. It was extra cruel that the SUV didn't send it to its end right the way and it was still struggling to survive. It was such a heart-breaking scene. :(

R.I.P. little one.

1 comment:

Angela said...

very poor little squirrel
if i see this, i will cry...