Monday, September 20, 2010

Settling In

Worked here for 3 weeks already. Not bad so far. Still don't know what I'm doing.

I knew from my interview that this job would involve report writing but what I didn't expect was that I had to do report for the first project that I'm involved in already. And even before that, I helped this other guy with some calculations and ended up having to write two paragraphs for his report. So I guess Bo Bo Lo wasn't exaggerating when he told me that there'd be a A LOT of report writing during the interview.

I personally don't mind writing but the problem is that I doubt I can do a gd job on it. I don't mind doing it doesn't mean that I _can_ do it. Part of the reason to do engineering in the first place was that I don't think that I can write well and that I want to avoid writing essays. But I guess that's my destiny. I can hide but it finds me eventually.

But other than the worry of unable to do my job well, things seem pretty gd so far. I finally took the laptop home one day and installed msn on it. And Chrome. wahahahhaa... Well... not that I'm going to go online on msn during working hours anymore cos my desk is totally open to anyone who walks by. I'm actually appearing offline almost everyday now. I don't know why I'm doing that cos it's not like I'm chatting with anyone that way. I guess it's just a habit to have it on all the time.

Gd thing is that this office doesn't block fb! Well... gd and bad la. Gd thing is that I can reply any fb msg in a timely manner but the bad thing is that I really have to discipline myself. XD

Still haven't installed Chinese input into the computer yet. Maybe I'll do it this weekend.

I have to say, it's pretty sweet to be able to bring the laptop home and use it as my own computer but the problem is that it means that I have to drive for two consecutive days in order to do that. It reduces that amount of cycling days if I want to bring the laptop home. So I'm not doing it very often. Other ppl, though, bring it home everyday. Somehow, I think that it makes me look bad.

2 comments:

vics said...

You can either...
1. hide your laptop in the drawer... so that no one knows you didn't bring it home...
2. put your laptop in a backpack and cycle back lor.. it's not that heavy jei hai ma???? That's what most ppl I saw on motorbikes do...
3. just screw them....

oily oli said...

I did think about cycling with it. It's not too heavy but given the distance that I have to go, I don't want to add any extra weight to my ride. And I don't want to damage it somehow during the bumpy ride. I would do it if I have a motorbike but not on a bicycle...

So ya, most of the time I just choose option 3. It's not like I'm taking the computer home to do any work anyway. So why bother pretending? hahahhaa...