Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tipping Point

Heh... Another book.

It's written by the same guy of Outliers.

As I mentioned before, I actually wanted to read Blink but the library doesn't have Blink as ebook. Too bad. I didn't like Tipping Point as much as Outliers. I found that the argument was harder to follow.

It was interesting tho. After I've read these two books, there were two instances of TV show that referred to terms that I've learned from these books: 10,000 hrs to become an expert (Outliers) and the broken window theory (Tipping Point). I mean, these ideas are not original from the book. The author simply incorporated these theories to support his point. It's not like the TV show writers were using the author's idea. But it was just interesting how they came up at the same time. If I didn't read the book, I probably wouldn't have any idea what the TV show were talking about.

I felt like reading someone's thesis while reading these books: The way the author has some sort of hypothesis and then he uses various example and other ppl's theories to prove his point. And then some case studies to futher illustrates that his hypothesis applies.

3 comments:

vics said...

Wo you ho gin lor... Jolin Tsai dol leave you a comment...

Block jor D ads la... Blogspot doesn't have that spam comment filter function?

oily oli said...

Yes, I know eh. I'm so famous.
I thought that I've already enabled the spam thing. Guess it's not good enough!? I don't know...

Dor said...

Oh havent caught up your blog recently, jsut found u read this book, and i just done it too! so 夾! but i found it a bit boring on some parts so i spent few months on this book, wahaaa