Friday, July 5, 2013

O Noir

Went there for 詹占's birthday celebration last month.

I have heard about this restaurant for a while already and have always wanted to try it out. Finally found the excuse to go. Flirt male

It’s pretty cool. We went in from the wrong entrance tho so we entered into the ‘lobby’ of what looks like a cheap cheap motel and was all confused. And the attendant there told us to go to the basement. I was all skeptical but followed the instructions anyway. Getting out of the elevator, altho there’s a ghetto sign that says “O Noir” but there wasn’t even one soul to be seen there. No waiter/waitress to greet us, no sight of other customers.

We wandered a bit and then finally saw someone…

Anyway, the big selling-point of the restaurant is that customers enjoy their meal in utter darkness (guess that’s why it’s in the basement). The servers were all blind employers (the chefs and cashiers were not tho). So we ordered our dinner in the lit louge area and then we were led by our server, Victor, to our table where he gave us some instructions, telling us where to feel for our cutleries and napkin and glasses.

The meal was fun. I had two of my courses as ‘surprise’ so that I can test my taste bud. James wasn’t quite adventurous as me and regretted it afterwards cos he said it would be more fun to have to guess what he was eating. Oh well… 你自己點菜時話唔要order ‘surprise’ items. 無得怨. Smile with tongue out

I had problem guessing some of the items in my appetizer. It was weird cos I could clearly tell that I have had that food before and that both the flavour and the smell was so familiar, except that I couldn’t put a name to what I’m tasting. Took me _a long time_ to name it out – strawberry. And there’s also the unripe avocado which I guessed correctly (tho I wasn’t very sure the whole time). It’s kinda weird that they serves me unripe avocado. I wonder if that’s a mistake.

It was hard to try to finish everything on your plate cos you don’t really know if there’s anything left! Disappointed smile Have to fish around, while trying not to get too messy with my hands.

I was surprised by how well Victor was locating us and handing us stuff. I know that it wouldn’t be a problem for him to navigate around the different tables and things cos he’s familiar with the place but he could even hand us drinks and food to our hands. That was something cos it involves interaction with different ppl and different ppl have different height and they move differently. Anyway, he was good.

Some ppl cheated tho. We saw a few flashes of lights from either ppl’s cellphone or watches. Maybe they were just trying to turn them off. I wasn’t sure. I mean, why go there if you are going to cheat, right?Thinking smile

The food wasn’t spectacular but it’s worth the experience. Quite special.In love

No comments: