Friday, July 12, 2013

Upcoming Race

In less than 2 weeks. Triathlon. It’s actually the only race I’ve signed up this year. All the others weren’t races. This will also be the last race/course thing that I’m doing this year. After this, there’s only trips (Scot and camping).

Sigh…Sad smile I’m so NOT in shape for it. I trained a lot less than I would like to, mainly due to the fact that 小J goes to bed too late that by the time he’s asleep, I want to sleep as well.

Anyway, altho I’m not very prepared so as race day approaches, 心情也難免有點興奮.

Just hope that I won’t have a heart attack during the race.

It’s gonna be a busy weekend. Race in the morning, potential highland game in the afternoon and nephew’s birthday dinner in the evening. And then still have to drive home from Guelph. Sunday worship, sunday school, youth fellowship and then potential meet up with 詹占's frd visiting from Calgary.

Trying to see if I could squeeze a few jogging or even swimming session between now and next Sat but my timetable is looking grim.

I was hoping to do better than a few years ago in terms of finishing time but I seriously doubt that I will even come closed. Sigh…Sad smile


On a separate note, there are something called “Triathlon Swim-Bike” category. What the heck? I can understand the Bike-Run one cos it’s called “duathlon”. But how come Swim-Bike is called Triathlon?? Isn’t ‘Tri’ means 3??? Where’s the 3rd thing? Disappointed smile

In fact, swim-bike is even less ‘tri’ than the bike-run duathlon cos the bike-run is actually ‘run-bike-run’, whereas the swim-bike is purely ‘swim-bike’.

I honestly don’t understand this new category. It feels like it’s for ppl who want to tell others that they are doing a triathlon but don’t actually want to do one. I myself has never been a running person but I’m still doing all three. That’s part of the challenge, no? Why take the easy way out? Why don’t just go for a swim or a bike ride? All in or all out, 做乜咁唔三唔四? If it’s for ppl who are not sure if they can finish but just want to try it out, there’s already a category called “Give-it-a-Tri”. It’s basically a shortened version of the triathlon. So I really don’t understand why is there a swim-bike category.  Duathlon, I can sorta understand. Maybe some ppl can’t swim. At least they are substituting the swim with a run. But this swim-bike category simply cut off the run portion. I really don’t understand the reason behind this. Confused smile

1 comment:

vics said...

You would be outrageous with the helsinki city triathlon... they r doing all three...but the distances are not even beginner. (See wiki on triathlon.) Half beginner... maybe..

But u r right....swim-bike sounds like a duathlon....which is even worse...