Friday, February 21, 2014

New Old Car

Forgot to mention that I’ve got a new 2nd-hand Autobefore Christmas.

Sorta like a Christmas present to 詹占 and me from ourselves.

After struggling with one car for all these years, we finally gave in.

The tipping point is 小J. With only one car, unless I take transit, I will have to drive everyone to work and daycare before I head to work and have to be back early enough to pick everyone up before going home.

Also, in church nights, ppl at church always insists to drive me home. Totally out of their way but they insist. There have been a few episodes where I sneaked away but they came after me and ended up 拉拉扯扯 on the street.

It’s so weird that part of the reason to buy a car is such that I don’t want ppl to give me free rides anymore.

So, got this piece of old metal. 2003 Honda Civic. Black.

What I really wanted is Ford Fiesta or a Scion IQ. Unfortunately, these models are relatively new and therefore, I can’t find anything that’s affordable.

Tho the Civic isn’t my ‘dream 2nd hand’ car, I am enjoying it. I feel like such a grown up now that I own a car. In love

1 comment:

vics said...

my dad was trying to give away our old chrysler a while back.. but no one wanted it.. cuz it was old and well not jpn...could have asked you hahaha....

My dad ended up having to scrap the car... got a few hundred dollars for scrapping...