Tuesday, June 15, 2010

City of Silver

Ever since I've got a library card a couple of months ago, there has been at least one library in my house. It's great cos with the little house that I have, I really don't think that buying and collecting books is a good idea. I don't usually read my own more than once anyway. Not that I won't buy books anymore but I will probably only buy books that I really really like. Sorta like the way I buy DVDs now. I basically won't buy any DVD until I've seen the movie.

The problem with library books is that I always have this feeling that library books are dirty. So, I don't like touching my face and always have this urge to wash my hands after touching those books. And I usually like to read before going to bed. But oh well, I will just have to suck it up and get used to it.

Anyway, off topic. One of the books that I've read recently was called "City of Silver". I borrowed that book bcos of the setting of the story. It was set in Peru so I thought that it could be interesting. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I didn't like it at all. The story was slowwwwwwwww. One of those books that have very long but boring description of the scene, ppl's clothes and all kinds of unnecessary detail. And those descriptions weren't any good either. It failed to paint a vivid image of what's happening or what the scenary's supposed to be. So the descriptions was just a total waste of time.

I hate that kind of books. Feels like the author was 厄稿費, just going on and on about the unrelated information. Even the supposedly exciting part wasn't really that exciting, either. All in all, a very disappointing book.

The twilight series was so much better. Even though the attended audience is teens, I still quite enjoyed the series. Not saying that it's a fantastic series, but it's a pretty good series for leisure reading. I mean, not all four books are all good. New Moon was kinda annoying cos she spent way too much time being miserable. I think that Eclipse is the best one.

Anyway, what I tried to say is that DO NOT read City of Silver. You might as well read the Twilight series instead.

No comments: