Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ride for Heart

Did the 50km on Sunday. It was quite miserable cos it was rainy and windy so it was quite cold. But it’s still fun to ride on the highway. The road is smooth and pretty much free of pot holes and no need to avoid catchbasins all the time. It was quite a sweet ride in spite of the rain and wind. Feet got totally socked though within 10 minutes and I couldn’t feel them after only about 10-15 km. Luckily, they didn’t fall off.

In the very beginning of the ride, I saw that there’s this guy lying on the ground with someone performing CPR on him. I didn’t stop to look cos it would only cause more congestion of the traffic and hence hindering the arrival of the ambulance. Not long after I passed, I heard the sound of ambulance already. I didn’t hear anything about it on the news or radio so I hope that he did make it.

Even though I was on my own the whole time during the ride, I actually joined as a part of a corporate group cos my company has managed to put together a team. It was quite nice cos they have an area for corporate and VIP participants and there were tables and food and more importantly, shelter during the rain. We also get to go to the front of the startup line instead of having to wait in line to start in the rain. I mean it doesn’t matter too too much since I got totally soaked anyway but it’s just nice not to have to stand around in the cold and get moving right the way.

Will I do it again? Hrm… maybe… Will probably do it if the company get a team again. Probably not as an individual.

2 comments:

vics said...

SHXT.. I completely forgot to donate..
fxxk....

oily oli said...

They are accepting till Jun 14 I think so u can still do it online. But seriously, don't worry about it man. If you want, u can always just make a donation to the foundation. :)