Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pukey

二少 is super pukey, totally different from 小J. When I say ‘super’, I mean it. I’m not one to exaggerate things. Both the volume and frequency of the vomit is way higher than normal. To the point that weight gain has stopped at some point so that we got referred to a PED…

Unfortunately, the referral was done right b4 xmas so we had to wait for a long time to actually got an appointment. (And there was a little incident that we got told to go in anyway during the break so there was doc on duty that would see us but turned out it was only for emergency and therefore a total waste of time on my part).

Anyway, finally got in two weeks ago and there were a couple suspected causes. Either 二少 has GER or has food sensitivity. So now, I am on this no diary diet, which means no milk, no cheese, no yoghurt, no cream. And no soy either. So hard to do. Can’t even do the easy breakfast like cereal bcos of that. Not to mention ice cream. No pizza either…

I don’t know if I would rather it be GER (which sounds more like an actual sickness) than food sensitivity bcos supposedly, kids usually grow out of GER sooner than sensitivity. But for GER, there’s not much I can do to lessen the issue but with food sensitivity, I can avoid certain food. But then avoiding food is a pain in the ass.

But so far, avoiding diary and soy product seems to do the trick, to a certain extent. There’re still spit ups, everyday. But at least it’s not all through the day and the volume is definitely less. And he seemed to have chub-ed up a bit in the past two weeks.

At the same time, 二少's digestive system also seemed to have matured. Only one poopy diaper per day, as opposed to 4-6 times. So it seems like he’s absorbing his food better.

So really, is the diary that causes the problem? Or so it happens that he has grown out of whatever the problem was at the same time?? Don’t know. Going back to the PED this week. Let’s see what she’s going to say.

2 comments:

vics said...

but he's too young to eat pizza anyway no???

oily oli said...

I'm the one who has to avoid all those food it affects the milk that I'm producing since I'm the cow.