Thursday, February 26, 2015

Seeking A Friend for the End of the World

Surprisingly cute little movie. To me anyway. Don’t think it’s for everyone.

Even liked the oldie music for the movie. I don’t normally pay too much attention to the songs of a movie or I should say, they don’t usually catch my attention. But I do like the ones in this one.

Spoiler below. You are warned.

Steve Carell and Kiera Knightley. Quite an unusual pair, in my opinion. But somehow they made it quite cute.

And their world did actually ended. That surprised me a little. The premise was that the last human attempt to avoid some extraterrestrial object (I can’t rmb what it is exactly) to impact the earth has failed and they are on the count down stage to the end of the earth. So I kept thinking that the earth will somehow miraculously survived. Maybe the astronomers calculated the trajectory wrong or the object was deflected by some other ‘natural’ ways or something like that. But no, their world actually ended and that was the end of the movie.

Steve Carell and Kiear Knightley did end up as a pair of lover at the end. Maybe the world did have to end in the movie cos their love are really based on the fact that the world is ending. It is all beautiful and romantic and all but if they actually survived, their love may just die with time and that probably won’t make a very good story.

Another thing I like about the movie is that, most of the ppl are nice.  Sure, there’re quite a few crazies due to the end of the world that they gone nuts on drugs and sex and stuff. But nobody was really mean to other ppl. And Steve Carell’s character is just unbelievably nice and good that you can’t help but love him.

Kiera Knightley isn’t as beautiful as she once was. She’s been trying to rise above the “I’m just a beautiful girl” thing and wanted to be taken seriously as an actress so she’s not trying to be the pretty vase in quite a few of her movies. And her character here doesn’t need to be beautiful anyway cos she’s a bit of a screw up and a druggie. I personally think that her beauty peaked at Love Actually.  Not bad in Pirates either. But man, super gorgeous and sweet in Love Actually, even tho she only had a tiny little role in that movie. It’s almost worth it to see that movie just to watch her being all beautiful and wonderful. Red lips Anyway,  離題了.

No comments: