Friday, December 10, 2010

Company-Sponsored Nap Time

It was company’s Ontario Central Region Town Hall meeting on Wed. I didn’t plan to go so I go to work as usual. So did one of my teammates. But my boss insisted the two of us to go to the meeting.

I’ve been to similar ones when I was in the old company. Given that the old company was a lot smaller than the current one, there was still almost nothing that really related to me.

So in this region-wide meeting, I doubt that there was anything that I care about. All it’s about is just the figures about how much the company is making and that how much we are expecting to grow and such. It’s not like they will give me any of those $$ anyway. I’m not even a stockholder of the company, so the company’s performance really have nothing to do with me. As long as the company’s nice and healthy and not having massive laid off, then the rest really doesn’t apply to me.

I mean, if it’s within the office building and that it serves some sort of breakfast (last time in my old company, we had eggs, sausages, bacons, danishes etc), then I would consider going. It was held offsite in the theatre on Yonge and Hwy 7 and only serves donuts and muffins and coffee.

Since we were late, there weren’t many seats left so we ended up sitting in the very front row of the theatre. They used the screen as projector for the presentation and it’s so hard to read from down there. Not that I care too much about reading it anyway. So sitting in the comfy theatre chair, with all the lights dimmed for the presentation, together with the monotone presenter, it was the perfect sleeping environment.

Naturally, I didn’t waste my opportunity to nap. After all, I got up at 6am this morning to transit to work (yes, cycling season seems to be over now). A little nap seemed like a great idea. Therefore, within half an hour into the presentation, I went to have my own personal meeting with 周公. My personal meeting pretty much ended near the end of the company meeting. Perfect.

I guess even though the meeting was a bit of waste of time, it’s still quite a sweet deal for me to be able to get some extra sleep time. Almost better than free breakfast. :D

No comments: