Friday, December 17, 2010

Sushi Friday

Friday, other than the fact that it means end of the work week, has now an added meaning to it. In my current workplace, for whatever reason, some of the colleagues are very fond of this one sushi place nearby and they pretty much order takeout together every Friday.

For me, as my one pathetic attempt to be part of the group,  do order bento boxes with them from time to time. I don’t think that I can do it every single week. I mean, the food is not bad,but it’s not fantastic either. I don’t think I would want bento boxes every week given that the bento box choices are limited and really only has minor variations. Another reason is that stingy me don’t want to spend $10 bucks every week on lunch.

Regardless whether I order with them or not, I try to eat with them on Friday. It’s actually pretty much the only time of the week that ppl in my team and the one close neighboring team eat together. Ppl usually eat at their own desks at different time. I personally like eating on my own also cos I can be more flexible in when I want to eat and save my brain juice in either trying to engage in conversation or trying to understand other ppl’s conversation so that I can smile politely at ‘jokes’ or ‘funny comments’ at the ‘appropriate’ time.

It’s not all negative I guess. Sometimes, it’s nice to have some 人氣 around you. It’s also a gd thing to try to connect with ppl around me, especially bcos these are the ppl that I see everyday. Or at least show them that I’m friendly. And I do like sushi every once in a while. So it’s really not that bad. Sushi friday, almost something to look forward to. Almost.

No comments: