Monday, January 19, 2009

Dream House

Saw quite a few of cardinals in the backyard last Sunday. I've never seen so many at the same time before. Very happy to see them. While wondering if they had a nest nearby, I found that my neighbour has some bird house and feeder in their backyard.

My interest in bird watching has increased over the past two years, especially when I can take pictures of them. When I do get my own place, I may consider having a bird house in my backyard also. The only worry is how much bird poo is there going to be in my backyard if I attract all these birds.

I would also like to have a little herb/veggie garden when I have my own backyard. And a nice patio so that I can sit and eat and enjoy the outdoor during the summer. Front porch would be a gd idea, too.

These are just the for the backyard. For the garage, I would like to actually have car parked in it instead of using it as a junk storage area.

At this moment, I don't have too much to say about the interior. It would be ideal to have hardwood floor, bath tub, large double sinks for the kitchen, gd shelf space.

I used to want to have at least a moderate size house so that I can have computer room, theatre room, play room etc. But I have changed my mind since then. I've seen ppl with a rather big house and they hardly use certain parts of it. All these aren't really necessary anyway. And the larger the house, the more to clean and the more junk you tend to collect instead of throwing away.

When I visited 姣屎's house in England, I was very jealous of them. Their place wasn't big, wasn't modern, even with some not so good features with it, but was just very comfortable, very home-feeling. I hope that when I do eventually buy a house, it has a home-y feeling like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

then save $$ n dun buy so many shoes la (just j/k...save a few pairs won't help much:P)

wish ur dream comes true one day n remember to invite me to ur house.....haha