Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gossip

Just got this piece of juicy gossip from a frd all the way in Europe. And the 主角 in this gossip is me! =_=

My first reaction was that 可以更轉折嗎?Basically, between me and 詹占,there were 4 layers of ppl there.

Unbelievable! The origin of the gossip came from TO. It started when someone heard something from a colleague of 詹占.And then the 猜測 started. But instead of directly asking me, who’s also in TO, to confirm/de-confirm, someone decided to discuss the possibility with a group of common frds first. And after discussion, still, instead of coming to me directly, someone else decided to ask a frd all the way in Europe first. And the Europe frd went around to ask me.

Finally! Finally someone decided to ask me directly.

2nd reaction after it sank in a little bit was that I wasn’t impressed. I felt disrespected. Ppl talking behind my back. Shamefully, I probably do that unconsciously myself, too, but now that the gossip is on me, I was really not too impressed. Better pay more attention to my own behavior in the future!

In a way, having trying to avoid being gossip 主角 my whole life, I consider myself somewhat successful… until now. I haven’t been in this situation for many years now and once again I’m feeling the outstretching power of gossiping. Maybe I haven’t been successful all these yrs at all. Maybe there were always gossips about me but only this time it travelled back to me so I knew about it. Or maybe it’s not bcos I was successful, but simply bcos I wasn’t interesting enough for ppl to gossip about. 不要太睇得起自己,根本無人對你有興趣.

My 3rd reaction now that this has been a little while (~45 min ago), I wonder maybe, maybe it was partly my fault. I don’t tell them enough about my life that they have to speculate from gossips and rumors.

In any case, I hope all gossips will stop. 時間會證明一切.是與非,大家走著瞧吧.

3 comments:

vics said...

Man.. now I REALLY regret not having asked you that question more skilfully..

It probably wasn't meant to be a gossip to start off with... more like.. them talking about KK or why you guys weren't here... and the subject just came about... Probably just a way to show that they would like to have some update from you or perhaps Sing Sing as well...

But yeah don't feel bad about it... Maybe I just didn't understand the person who told me correctly la hahahaaa...

In this case... I don't think it's a bad gossip about you la.. more like... "so have you heard anything about XXX??" "no not really.. but I think she's XXXX..."

Don't think too much about it la... hahhaa... they don't mean any harm...

vics said...

Oh yeah I was gonna say.. I hope you and James at least had a good laugh about it hahaaa..

oily oli said...

haha... I'm fine with it now. I did told James though. He was completely mystified as how did that happened. He tried to pick his head if there's another James, if somehow he said something that would mislead ppl, or if it's someone else and he was talking about and somehow a fragment of the conversation was picked up by another person.

Another theory was that the gang was just making stuff up and fishing around.

Anyway, we couldn't figure it out. It actually bugged James more than me cos he was trying to figure who of his "colleague" could have spread that kind of rumor without picking on him first. haha...