Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sleep, Pale Sister

A book given to me by 占媽 for xmas. Doesn’t look like an exciting book to start with but after I finish my exam, I would like to read something non-technical/non-serious for a while.

Basically 占媽 gave everybody a book for xmas. And we had a feeling that it’s just some random book that she picked up.  詹占 already finished his a while ago and he totally disliked the book.

My book is about this weird religious painter who married his 女神 but he treated her totally like a 女神 that he’s pretty much restricting her on everything. So this girl became highly unhappy in her marriage and cheated with this other bad guy who likes to seduce women. And then turned out that this religious painter went to brothel all the time bcos he wouldn’t touch his 女神, except when “his body is weak” that he couldn’t control himself but to fall for the ‘trap’ that his wife is setting for him. This girl, who apparently could let her soul to leave her body, helped (without knowing) the owner of the brothel found out who killed her daughter long long time ago and it turned out to be the painter. The brothel owner is therefore planning her revenge, while the bad guy who seduces women is in need of money so he decided to blackmail the painter with the fact that he goes to brothel all the time. So now, the bad guy and the brothel owner are teamed up against the painter.

That’s how far I’m with the book, about half way. Basically, everybody in the book is a jerk and that’s exactly the kind of story that I don’t like. I want to be on someone’s side when I read a story or watch a movie. It’s ok if everybody is nice but I really hate it when everybody is an A-ho. However, my weakness is that once I started a book, I usually want to finish it, despite the fact that it’s bad.

And why on earth would 占媽 think that I would like a book/story like this is a complete mystery to me. That’s y we thought that she just randomly picked some book without even reading the synopsis.

Wouldn’t recommend this book to anyone unless I don’t like that person! haha…

No comments: