Thursday, June 23, 2011

小事化大

So mayor Ford decided not to attend the gay pride parade and related activities. What’s the big deal?

The homo community is slamming him of intolerant, of hurting the city/country’s diverse culture. blah blah blah…

First of all, I have nothing against gay or les. I have frds who are gay or les and I’m perfectly fine being frds with them. I have even been mistaken as a homo every once in a while and I have no problem with it, either.

What bugs me tho, is that these homo communities always victimize themselves, saying that ppl are not accepting them, saying that ppl are discriminating them. They are never satisfied. Sometimes, it feels like their ultimate goal is to have everyone turning into homo before they will shut up.

Ford is not trying to shut down your silly parade, OK? He’s simply not attending. 年中多人多有幾多 cultural/street festivals? Is he supposed to attend every single one of them to show his support? You don’t hear the Chinese (which I’m sure, is more populous than you homo community) complaining that our mayor is not attending their festival. You don’t hear the Chinese say that the mayor is discriminating against the Chinese bcos he’s not going to the festival.

And really, what’s so gd about your parade anyway? Other than bringing whatever amount of tourism money that all the economists are so concerned about (and which I really don’t care), all that catches my attention is that there will, again, be a lot of practically naked ppl walking down the street. It’s more like promoting pervert-ness than anything, if you ask me. And I don’t see how pervert-ness is something to be ‘proud’ of. What kind of message are you trying to send out, especially to those who may not fully understand homo, anyway? That you guys are all pervs and love to walk down the street with as little clothing as possible whenever the law permits? You are stereotyping yourself. So don’t complain when ppl think that you guys are pervs.

Not to say that all the other festivals are better than pride parade. I personally see most of them as greedy business ppl making an excuse to earn money. The pride parade bugs me more bcos I simply dislike the ultra high profile-ness and the seemingly never-ending demand of the homo community.

I don’t love Ford but totally support his decision of not going to the parade. Way to go man! I hope that you stand by your decision and not give in to the pressure of the media.

No comments: