Friday, October 18, 2013

超市蔬果勁包膠

A news I read about the other day. Don’t know how long the link would be active but here it is:
http://hk.news.yahoo.com/%E8%B6%85%E5%B8%82%E8%94%AC%E6%9E%9C%E5%8B%81%E5%8C%85%E8%86%A0-224030712.html

Basically, it talks about how the supermarket packages fruits and vegetables for sale as packages, as opposed to letting them loose and ppl just pick whichever amount they want to buy.

Seriously, not just HK, same problem in 多人多。我個人覺得唐人超市既情況比較嚴重,雖然我其實唔係成日去唐人超市買餸,但去親大X華都會見到蔬果包膠,當然無個 article 講話逐條蕉搣開黎包咁誇張,但包膠既情況都普遍到我見到都唔覺得有乜特別既地步。

但俾個 new 提一提,又真係好唔環保,真係 produces a lot of waste 架喎。

The store manager’s defence is that the wrap/packaging protects the food from getting handled too much by the customers and hence less wastage of food. I guess it’s a sorta valid reason but I am not sure if this alone is a good enough justification for generating all these garbage.

4 comments:

vics said...

Banana... I have seen in the old Fung Wah... signs beside the bananas..."Please do not break my arms"....

That was years ago.. nowadays.. they might put wrapping around the bend of the bunch where the bananas are attached...

Dor said...

Haha I also noticed the problem is getting serious in HK. Sometimes I only wanna buy 1-2 pears but forced to buy a plastic pack with 4. But sometimes I understand why they do so as those C9 are sometimes really rude to the fruits, they press the oranges, tear bananas etc. Of course the supermarket is sometimes cunny too, they hide the 爛個邊係底。I always 領嘢!XD

oily oli said...

"they hide the 爛個邊係底"

You know how they put stickers on the fruits? Well... at least the ones in TO do, in order for the cashier to key in the price. I went to this one place, they put multiple stickers on sometimes and I didn't suspect anything cos it's a local place so I thought maybe it's some 人為錯誤. Only after I got home then I realized that they use those extra stickers to cover up the bad part of the fruits! I was so upset and I never went back to that place again cos they are not an honest merchant. I won't support that kind of business even tho the fruits there are a bit cheaper than other places.

BTW, I thought you don't go to bloggers anymore since you never update your blog.

Dor said...

haha was too busy...now gonna pick up again! haha Im still a blogger, but lazy blogger! i love to read yr blog, can know more about your life, more than from whatsapp heeee.