Monday, October 28, 2013

Junk Emails

Receive a lot of those every week to my work email account. I mean, not A LOT, not enough to be annoying.

And the main source of these junk mail is my very company itself. What the heck, talking about utility and efficiency all the time while sending all these junk mails to everyone every week.

You may ask, what kind of junk mail could a company possibly send to its employees?Disappointed smile

  • XXX World Weekly
  • Corporate Communications
  • America News
  • Environment News (of the environmental business line that I am part of)
  • Regional News
  • The One (which thank goodness, seems to have stopped recently)
  • Technical Practice Network upcoming webinars
  • Any announcement from the various upper management whom I don’t even know they exist both before and after the email
  • New hire announcement (of the whole GTA area, including at least 3-4 other offices that I have absolutely no contact/relation to)

XXX stands for the name of the company.

Another ridiculous one recently is something called Chatter. The company automatically signed us up on this stupid thing, which is basically some sort of chatting system across the company to ‘encourage’ collaborating and communication and information sharing across the company. Stupid! Don’t we already have an online forum on the company’s intranet to do just that??? The even stupider thing is that the auto-signup also signed us up for a daily and weekly digest so all of a sudden, there’s yet another junk email to my mailbox everyday. Luckily, there’s an unsubscribe option to which once I realized that it existed, I opted-out with lightning speed.

Honestly, it’s so retarded. It is as if the IT department does not communicate with each other and independently developed all these duplicated programs and policies and 梗硬 imposed them on us.

Most of those corporate news honestly has nothing to do with me and even my team. It usually talks abt all these projected that the company won in the various office which is so far away from my location that it doesn’t remotely affect me, especially because I don’t buy my company’s stock.

And all of the above doesn’t even include the various fundraising events that’s going on in my office. There’s this United Way fundraising every year and we got bombarded by the organizer of this fundraising event and related personnel on all kinds of things they are doing to fundraise – pizza sale, chocolate sale, candy guess contest, 50-50 draw etc etc etc. Almost every freaking day.Annoyed

Together with all those internal publication, which you should see, they are seriously 圖文並茂,I wonder how many people are involved in all these and how much time they’ve spent doing all these in total.

TALK TO ME ABOUT UTILITY. Go away and stop bothering me! Steaming mad

1 comment:

Dor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.