Friday, October 18, 2013

腦震盪 Update

Getting 小笨's msg reminded me that I’ve forgotten to give an update of my health.

在很多人的勸告下,再加上已經個多星期了,所以終於喺星期二去咗睇醫生。

Doc said that I’ve got BPPV – Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. I looked it up later, it is a condition that can be triggered by post head injury.

Looking it up in wiki, I got most of the classic symptoms. And doc also told me that there shouldn’t be anything seriously wrong inside my skull like internal bleeding or anything cos he said even if it’s a very very small drip, it would be in a lot of trouble now that it was the 10th day. He also tested me on other very simple things to make sure that my brain has no problem.

OK la, no bad news. And the doc instructed me on something called Epley maneuver that is supposed to help to dislodge the ‘rock’ in my inner ear (if you want to know what I mean, check out the wiki site). Unfortunately, this is not a magic maneuver because when I asked the doc when I would be ‘fixed’, his answer, tho not surprising, was that ‘This is a very good question.’ and there is no definite answer to it. Basically, I’m fixed whenever the ‘rock’ decides to get loose.

Oh well… there’s also no guide on how many times and how often I am to do those maneuver. I don’t like this cos I’m a number person. I like to have guidelines to follow. I’d like to know the number of times to do those maneuvers and I’d like the doc to be able to tell me that after 5 days of doing these maneuvers 4 times a day, 20 reps every time, the rock will be dislodged.

Not the case tho. Sigh… I want to get back on my bike before winter strikes… I can feel my belly, butt and thighs are getting bigger and floppier each and everyday that I sit idling in my office. Sad smile

No comments: