Friday, February 27, 2009

The Life of David Gale

Intelligent movie. Cleverly mixed political view into a movie without making boring. Exciting thriller. Well done indeed. Casting was great, too. Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet. Double K. (OK, I know I'm lame...) They did a really good job. Very convincing. Well... actually everyone on the cast did a great job. Oh and nice twist of the plot.

Kate Winslet was a surprising gd actress. I know she had been nominated in Oscar multiple times and happened to win one just now (I can assure you that I didn't know that she's in the movie before I saw it) but I somehow always thought that she's only a girl with pretty face. Probably bcos the only movie I recognized her in is Titanic. I really like her in this David movie.

One thing though, every time I watch movie that is set in Texas, it just reminds me of how much I hate the Texas accent. I think that's part of the reason y I don't like Matthew McConaughey, besides the fact that I think he always seems like such a cocky person. One of the character in the movie had heavy Texas accent. Drove me nuts. And the cowboy, oh man... I don't mind cowboys in western movies. But having cowboys in modern days seems so weird...

No comments: