Monday, July 18, 2011

Surprised Lobster 大餐

Got a text msg from 詹占 yesterday while I was still out that we were invited by our neighbors to a lobster dinner. Really didn’t know what to expect.

We’ve always been having good relationship with them since we moved in. When we are away, we’ll ask them to look after our house plants and collect our mail and vice versa.

They have been out in Nova Scotia for 2 weeks and just came back on Sat. Apparently, they bought a cooler full of lobsters and brought them back and would like to share with us and their other neighbor.

Dinner was served in their air-conditioned garage/work room. Although the air con was on but it was too hot in TO yesterday that it was still a little hot. But it wasn’t bad at all. It felt like having a little dinner gathering in a village. Nice and cozy. Kinda cute indeed.

We brought over some fruits and they served us steak, salad, drinks and whole lobsters. I’ve never had whole lobster in my life before. All the lobsters that I’ve had were always in some sort of dish already. So I was given a quick tutorial on how to crack the shell and all that. Basically, we ate the lobsters cold and dipped them into melted butter. Tasted so good! And so fresh and juicy! As I was enjoying my dinner, I couldn’t help but think that 笨 must be super jealous. wahahaha…

The hospitality was wonderful. They told us stories of their trip and showed us pictures. From the sound of it, they absolutely loved Nova Scotia. I’m glad that they had such a great time. It was a night with great company and lots of laughter.

It was a very enjoyable evening in deed. What a pleasant surprise. ^_^

2 comments:

vics said...

Nice food nice company...
LOBSTERS.. canNOT be BAD... It takes SKILLS to make it bad really...

Darn you.... that's why I dreamt about Harry Potter... someone was thinking of me too much when they were having lobsters.. I was brought back from my deep stage sleep to my "dream state" hahahaaa. (totally irrelevant.... but I just want to blame it on something hahhaa..)

Lobsters... I want neighbours like that... argh...

oily oli said...

嘩你幾時改咗姓賴?
I know you would be jealous. That's the main purpose of that post! ha!