Monday, August 15, 2011

大雀生小雀

Earlier this year, a pair of robins decided to make a home at our 屋簷 and breed their next generation. 詹占 n I took some pictures here and there to record the process. Felt like we were one of those ppl who do animal documentaries, tracking down the progress everyday.

It was pretty cool cos I’ve never seen baby birds in real life. Have only seen them on TV before. And ya, they are quite ugly when they were all bald without any feathers. o_O

It was actually quite hard to take the pictures cos it was a bit high up and that the mum/dad would ‘cherp’ at us to threaten us. Not that we are afraid of the ‘cherping’ but we didn’t want to disturb them too much either. So the quality of the pictures aren’ t the greatest.

One time when the babies were getting big and we were trying to take picture from our door, the mum/dad hovered right in front of us. That scared me a bit cos I was worried that it would fly into the house. I like watching birds and animal from a far but I don’t like to have any type of contact with them in the fear that they might carry disease. And especially birds, you never know when they would decide to have a dump. I definitely don’t want that in my house. So I slammed the door close quickly. I guess those little ‘threats’ works.

We were also quite worried for the little birdies cos one of our neighbours (two doors down) has 2 cats and they are always hanging out in our backyard. We were worried that they will found the nest on our front porch and eat the birdies. Luckily, the birdies were safe the whole time.

IMG_9022.JPG

More pictures can be found in my online album.

No comments: