Tuesday, August 30, 2011

各散東西

Got an email from one of frdR that she’s going to England and had indeed already left. Well… I’ve already knew that she might leave for England for a while but the shock was that she’s already left when I got the email. Not even a chance to say goodbye.

Not really complaining cos I am sure that she was so busy making all kinds of arrangement since there was only 1 week between she got the notification and her flight. Just weird how rush the whole thing seems. I guess she probably couldn’t wait to go over there to meet up with her honey.

Ever since we graduated, this group of ppl have been spreading out slowly. First, there were GPA, W, J, M and V who decided to pursue their engineering education out of the country. Only M came back. And then there was A who pursues some other career/field of education out of the country. And then now, there’s R going away to continue with her post-doc career. And M is going away soon to pursue an different career path out of town.

What’s left is just me, C and S (S stands for Sing so as not to get confused with the other A). In this scenario, the chance of having everyone together is very very slim cos there’s no way all of them will come back to visit at the same time, especially W, who has no family here so it’s not like he would come to TO during xmas or something. In view of this, the next chance to have everybody get together would be at someone’s wedding.

W is not going to have a big wedding even if he gets married so we can count him out. I doubt that M will get married anytime soon. So that leaves R, V, S and A. Therefore, at most 4 more big gathering until maybe one of us die that we will start getting together again bcos of funerals. Hopefully, that scenario is not going to happen for at least another 40 years.

Not that I see these ppl very often even when we were all in TO but it just felt weird that we are all spread out everywhere now.

3 comments:

嚴明 said...

When I leave, no matter where it is, or say, it was, the schools, the companies, I never went back. I'm the person who always look forward. So even there are thousands of photo filed in this computer, I almost never review them :P The word, gathering, to me is meaningless.

Vics said...

Well on the bright side of things that just means u have a place to crash all over the world. But well, I didn't even get any email or anything, if that makes u feel any better. I only herd about it from u. And R is most likely going to go back to TO after her post doc if her honey goes back. So...

Anyway, it can't be so rushed esp when she had already booked her flight before the papers arrive... Really there should still be time for dinner or just a drink...really no news at all?? 心淡。

oily oli said...

Not really gei... I don't think that R is that kind of person. Maybe she bought those last minute plane tix after she's got the visa la. It's ok, I don't have much time for dinner/drink myself anyway. haha... I haven't been able to go home before 10pm this whole week. And she's probably coming back for xmas for her family anyway so maybe I'll c her then (If I'm in town myself haha).