Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Camping 去

Went camping this long weekend.

It was a little tough with my current body condition, especially getting in and out of the little two-person tent. But it wasn’t unmanageable. I was glad that I bought a relatively thick air mat this time tho cos it definitely helped the sleeping.

We went to Presqu’ile Provincial Park this time. It wasn’t a bad campsite but it was very buggy. We got eaten alive by mosquitoes.

The weather was great. Sunny everyday. Clear clear sky for star-gazing at night. No moon either. (I almost always ended up going camping on full moon by chance that it affected my star-gazing but this time we were super lucky) Can’t ask for too much more. It was just too bad that I didn’t expect myself to stay up late at night to star gaze. If I knew that I would and that the sky would be so clear, I would have brought my tripod and took some night shots… What a waste of opportunity!

We went hiking for a little bit. The first trail (marsh trail) was gd. The other two were kinda deadly, especially the Newcastle Trail. We weren’t hiking in that trail. We were running for our lives. We didn’t even finish it. Luckily there’s this spot where the trail joined the main road so we just came out of the trail and walked along the main road back to the parking lot instead.

Saw a lot of little frogs on Owen Point Trail. Too bad that there were way too many mosquitoes around. Otherwise, we could have enjoy this trail a little more. It’s also a little tough for me to hike as well cos I get tired quite quickly. I was glad that the trails weren’t too long so it was still doable.

The beach was not bad either. Water wasn’t too cold so we all ended up going into the water. Not the cleanest water tho. Pretty cloudy water. Definitely not dipping my head under. Saw a very cute baby playing with the sand and eating some of them. haha… Also saw a kid who chased and shot water at his grandfather/uncle but when the grandfather/uncle got him back, he started crying. What a suck! Hate kids who do that. 你搞人就得,人哋一搞你就喊,你唔玩得就唔好搞人,真想兜把星佢.

It also turned out that it was the history week in the campsite so there were some activities going on. Most of them were for kids tho but we did go to two of them. Not particularly exciting activities but it was kinda nice and it gave us something to do.

And K媽 brought a 毽 to 踢. And even I was playing, too. Can’t believe I still 踢毽 with my clumsy body! haha… K媽 and 賴 were pretty gd at it (gd compared to me and 詹占 anyway). It was surprisingly fun.

First time to go camping with K媽. She’s fun. And extra wonderful cos she doesn’t mind doing the dishes! haha… And 賴 pretty much took care of the cooking. I simply had to help here and there. SWEET!

This is the last summer event that I’ve planned this year, before my whole life style changes forever (just hope that the change won’t be too big and that the changes are good changes).

Hopefully, I can still go camping next year!

2 comments:

vics said...

What do you mean by running for your lives on the Newcastle Trail??? You were chased by bears or something???? Deadly as in mosquitoes filled or wat??

oily oli said...

Chased by clouds of mosquitoes. We all had bug spray on and even with the constant walking, we got numerous bites. Some of the bites went thru our clothes. >_<