Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lord Sunday and Hot Six

Two books that I finished recently. It’s a nice feeling that I can have time to read leisure books after I finished the citizenship test.

Lord Sunday is the last book of the series The Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix. It’s a fantasy series. And it’s actually a 9-12 years old series… Yes, I’m reading children’s book… It was recommended by a much older dude though so I’m for sure not the oldest person who read this series. lord_sunday

I took the recommendation bcos I really liked another series by Garth Nix, The Abhorsen Trilogy. The Keys to the Kingdom wasn’t bad but The Abhorsen Trilogy was way better. If you are looking for The Abhorsen Trilogy, don’t get this boxset tho I personally think that the cover graphic sucks in this one.abhorsen_badgraphic

This version is much better. More adult-like, at least. If you like reading fantasies, I highly recommend The Abhorsen Trilogy.abhorsen_gdgraphicOops. I am supposed to write about The Keys to the Kingdom. Well… compared to Abhorsen, Keys is a lot childish-er. Not a bad read for leisure but definitely not as exciting as Abhorsen. The ending was also a little strange although I’ve half-suspected that something weird like that would happened since book 2 or 3. But still… I didn’t like the ending too much. Not that I could think of a better ending but simply think that it could, er, somehow, ends differently.

Hot Six, on the other hand, is another series by Janet Evanovich. It’s just a silly novel series but I find it hilarious sometimes, especially those sidekick characters. I read one book from this series from time to time. They are mostly independent so there’s no rush to finish the whole series. There’s certain amount of profanity in this series tho. Not something that I would recommend to immature readers. I personally find this series very easy and entertaining to read.

hot6

No comments: